The employees of Facebook Creative Shop held a live working session this past Super Bowl to help 10 SMBs reach the multimillion-person audience—without spending millions.
talk small, hear small, eat, sleep and breathe small. Because when you’re trying to connect with a small business, you must understand everything about those who run them.
The first generation that can say that they were actually born with the world at their fingertips is coming of age—and marketers are striving to keep up with their latest shopping habits in hopes of trying to reach them this holiday season. This generation, born after 2000, doesn’t know a world without smartphones, tablets and social media.
On October 3, the world’s largest social community launched Marketplace on mobile in the US, UK, Australia and New Zealand. According to Facebook, around 450 million users already visit buy-and-sell groups every month.
While there are over 60 million businesses now on Facebook, only 5% actually utilize the platform’s advertising capabilities, leaving a huge revenue opportunity to convert the remaining 95%. To target small business owners, Facebook is offering new ad units, as well as free trials, in hopes companies will see the value and ultimately invest in paid products.
Social media: selfies, vacation pics, memes—and ads promoting your favorite local café? Yep, 2016 is officially the year small businesses are taking over your newsfeed. A recent Constant Contact survey reported that 81% of small and medium business owners use social media as a marketing tool, and finally, the platforms are taking notice. Throughout 2016, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube have made it easier than ever for small business owners to play the role of Chief Content Officer, allowing greater access to and connectivity with current and prospective fans.
Small businesses now have valuable opportunities on Instagram as the photo- and video-sharing service adds new advertising tools to its social media platform.
The 35th Iditarod Trail Race – the “last great race” – is coming to an end. There’s a lot to learn from this race, particularly about small business adaptability, marketing and the power of cultural connection.
In December Staples announced that they would be launching a new social media campaign to help their small business clientele. The campaign will include the hashtag #MoreSmallBiz, which will help introduce small business owners to the company’s #MoreSmallBiz Squad. Staples describes the #MoreSmallBiz Squad as authorities on small businesses, offering SME owners advice and assistance. The campaign launched earlier this year with a Twitter chat.
Facebook has announced partnerships with AdRoll and Constant Contact, enabling small business owners to integrate both services with Facebook advertising. The two companies are the first to receive the badge, and will be able to use an official Facebook partner badge in their marketing to small businesses. Eligible companies must be technology-focused and have a solid small business support infrastructure, with small-business-friendly pricing.
Small business is an important segment to AT&T, and was greatly in need of a wake-up call in regards to cyber crime. While 60% of attacks struck small-sized organizations last year, 66% of small business owners are not worried about cyber crime and 47% believe a data breach would have no impact on their business. The unfortunate truth is that 60% of small businesses hit by a cyber attack will have to close their doors for good.
In honor of National Women’s Small Business Month, we’re giving a shout out to our very own Veronica Ambuehl who owns Vine Floral Design. V puts her unique designer touch for people and events of all kinds. And for the lucky ones at RT, daily inside the walls of RT. Check out her Facebook page and inhale the beauty.
Meerkat was the star of last month’s SXSW tech conference. Starbucks and Red Bull are already experimenting with it. Could the app that lets you Tweet live video help you reach out to small business?
Thanks to new apps, small business is liking Facebook. The big brands aren’t the only ones with Social savoir-faire.
Knowing their job title may not matter to a shop owner. Try this bad-ass job title generator for another reason why.
Business owners are being swayed in social and selling circles by a more human device. Emotion.